“Assault Weapons Ban of 2013”
can be read in full text here—-> http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/politics/feinstein-bill-details/
Unlike the Health Care Bill, its only two pages long, so whatever crazy BS NRA gun nuts make up about it should be easily debunked… by reading.
Here are hi-lights:
– It bans the “sale, transfer, manufacturing, and importation of” [assault weapons], excluding “any weapon that is LAWFULLY POSSESSED at the date of the bill’s enactment.” so Obama’s socialist, sharia-law, death-panel, white-people-hatin’ regime is not “coming for your guns,” just the ones that are on your wish list.
– Other exclusions include: any “manually operated” (bolt, pump, etc) gun; antique weapons (Grandpa has nothing to worry about except dementia); and weapons used for law enforcement.
– There are 157 specifically named weapons this bill bans… which isn’t that bad considering 2,258 are still totally legal.
– It bans all semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and handguns that have at least one military feature ( ie. pistol grip, forward grip (just save it for COD), rocket launchers, folding/telescoping stocks, etc) AND (except semi-auto shotguns) accepting detachable magazines.
– It eliminates “easy-to-remove bayonet mounts” (I’m sorry but if you take away bayonets from the good guys ONLY BAD GUYS WILL HAVE BAYONETS!!)
– It bans any gun or magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. 5 for semi-auto shotguns.
eliminates “aftermarket modifications and workarounds… including bump or slide-fire stocks,” (I personally know some people in Texas that will be VERY angry about that.)
-requires background check on sale or transfer of grandfathered weapons (not totally sure if this closes the “gun show” loop hole, but I hope it does.)
– and last but not least, the NRA must be disbanded and all hard-working, white americans taken to FEMA camps… but seriously, remember the part about excluding current weapons. I feel like I’m going to have to repeat that a million times.